Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A better time, a better day

If there was a better time to play
we never knew of it
If there was a better time to grow up
it could have been caught by the wind
and the weight of our skin
to settle in

Do I know how to get from point A to be
And can I find myself knowing one thing or a few
Or do all answers lie in the thoughts of the moon?

Hold on before you go outside
as air gets thicker and thinner depending on where you move
and one day your lungs will chalk up and fail you

So I'll be popping pimples before I come to you
I think it's a breakthrough
Soon from me to you soon
I'll be holding thimbles mending materials
Always growing up way too soon

You will ride your horse into the dusk of the edge of the day
never to return with the light of the awakening dawn
it's the cold hearted swan song
It's some way to move

But in the end of the day all is spinning
and sometimes we lose our pull
to push off into stillness
to stop all our hearts
to preserve them for the life of the day


loop

1 comment:

  1. "I'll be holding thimbles mending materials"
    "it's the cold hearted swan song"

    this is lovely, Joelle.

    ReplyDelete